ABOUT THE EVENT
Inspired by the interests of some of Vero’s top chefs combined with UP’s goal to host a very family-friendly, affordable event that everyone could enjoy.
Net proceeds from brews, soft drinks and water sales, Burger Tasting Punch Card tickets, and sponsorships all benefit United Against Poverty to support UP Center programs that inspire and empower people living in poverty to lift their families to economic self sufficiency.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a sponsor! Please click here for our sponsorship form which details the opportunities available.
We encourage you to learn more about our organization on our website, www.upirc.org, and like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/UPIndianRiver. If you would like to visit our campus and see our empowering programs first-hand, please email AZukowski@unitedagainstpoverty.org to schedule a tour.
Punch Cards are the best way to experience this event! Each card is good for 5 sliders and 2 beverages (beer or soft drink) for just $25!
Absolutely! A limited number of single-slider tickets are available for $3 each on the day of the event. However, we strongly encourage you reserve your space by purchasing a slider pass in advance!
Our VIP ticket allows unlimited access to the VIP Lounge from 1 until 9 p.m. as well as a punch card, complimentary Bloody Mary bar by Filthy’s Fine Cocktails & Beer, and a variety of local craft beers and soft drinks. Click here to reserve you VIP ticket today — supplies are limited.
In addition to the judged contest, the chefs compete for the coveted "People’s Choice" award, determined by your votes!
BEST BURGER COMPETITION
The restaurants that win the Judge's Choice Award and People's Choice Award will each receive the honor of hosting the traveling “Indian River’s Best Burger” trophies for a year up to the next event date, a permanent certificate to hang on your wall, exclusive use of the “Best Burger” logo in your advertising, and bragging rights for one year.
Please click here to complete an entry form.
- “Teams” can consist of up to four (4) people, but one member must be chosen as team captain (aka head cook). Teams can be as small as one individual.
- United Against Poverty will have limited griddles available on a first come first serve basis, you are welcome to bring your own grill/smoker/griddle.
- No electric will be provided, you may bring your own generator. No staff member or volunteer is authorized to advise you otherwise.
- Agree to cook two burgers and one slider for the competition and up to 350 sliders/mini burgers for the Burgers & Brews festival that will take place throughout the day.
- No beer pairings will be allowed to compliment your burger during judging.
- You will be provided with an outdoor cooking area off of 14th AVE and 21st Street.
- All property and equipment used for cooking must be confined to your allocated space. All equipment must be free standing — no stakes, postholes, or digging is allowed.
- All food products must be stored and maintained at safe temperatures.
- Each contestant competing shall supply all of their own burger meat, cooking ingredients, utensils, preparation tables, etc.
- All burgers must consist of cooked patties of ground meat and/or ground vegetarian product, placed between bread or comparable substitutes to form a sandwich honoring the traditional American Hamburger.
- Team Captain is responsible for team conduct. “No alcoholic beverages (except when used for cooking) and/or misconduct by team members or guests will be allowed”.
- Each team is responsible for cleaning up their cooking area by 8:00 p.m.
- United Against Poverty of Indian River County, Sponsors, and Volunteers of the Best Burger Competition will not be held responsible for loss, damage, theft, injury or accidents.
- Entry deadline is Tuesday, June 1, 2022 at 5 p.m. EST.
- Teams will be placed in a spot upon arrival and check-in on Saturday, June 25, 2022 from 10 - 11:30a.m. cook areas are assigned by the organizers of the Best Burger Competition and have sole discretion of their location.
- Preparation can start as early as 10 a.m.
- Judging begins at 1:30 p.m. on June 25, 2022. You will be given your judging slot upon check-in. Burgers not available at the judging area within 10 minutes of judging slot time may be disqualified.
- Burgers may earn up to 40 points from each judge—10 points for presentation (appearance), 10 points for creativity/uniqueness of the burger, 10 points for taste/flavor, 10 points for technique. The burger with the highest point value wins the Judges Choice Award.
- Each team must submit two burgers for judging—one must be quartered with each quarter secured with a toothpick; these burgers will be used to judge taste; the second burger will be left intact and judged for presentation only. In addition to the two presentation burgers, a slider from each booth will be presented to the judges for review. It is the intention of this competition that the burgers judged & sliders offered to the public for consumption be of the same recipe. Burgers submitted for judging must be made with the same ingredients as the sliders served to festival attendees. Failure to comply with this requirement may cause disqualification at the judge’s discretion. (This requirement excludes bread/bun.)
- All results are final. Teams are reminded that this is family friendly burger festival and cooking competition. Sportsmanship is required at all times.
- The first 20 completed applications are guaranteed entry in cooking competitions. Festival officials will try to accommodate additional entries.
We welcome vendors of all types! Nonprofit vendors can reserve a space for $100, merchant vendors (those selling a good/service) are $150, Non-merchant vendors are $200, and political are $250.
Booth space is limited. We will accommodate booth selection based on a first-come first come basis and payment in full.
Each of vendors will be allocated a 10’ x 10’ space to promote to our attendees. You must provide your own tables, chairs and electrical cords. Tents are highly recommended.
We’d love to hear from you! Please contact Allison Zukowski, Development Manager, at AZukowski@unitedagainstpoverty.org or 772-770-0740 ext. 204