Punch Cards are the best way to experience this event! Each card is good for 5 sliders and 2 beverages (beer or soft drink) for just $25!
Absolutely! A limited number of single-slider tickets are available for $3 each on the day of the event. However, we strongly encourage you reserve your space by purchasing a slider pass in advance!
Our VIP ticket allows unlimited access to the VIP Lounge from 1 until 9 p.m. as well as a punch card, complimentary Bloody Mary bar by Filthy’s Fine Cocktails & Beer, and a variety of local craft beers and soft drinks. Click here to reserve you VIP ticket today — supplies are limited.
In addition to the judged contest, the chefs compete for the coveted "People’s Choice" award, determined by your votes!
ABOUT THE EVENT
Inspired by the interests of some of Vero’s top chefs combined with UP’s goal to host a very family-friendly, affordable event that everyone could enjoy.
Net proceeds from brews, soft drinks and water sales, luncheon tickets and sponsorships all benefit United Against Poverty to support UP Center programs that inspire and empower people living in poverty to lift their families to economic self sufficiency.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a sponsor! Please click here for our sponsorship form which details the opportunities available.
We encourage you to learn more about our organization on our website, www.upirc.org, and like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/UPIndianRiver. If you would like to visit our campus and see our empowering programs first-hand, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a tour.
BEST BURGER COMPETITION
Participating Chefs are from The Tides, Sean Ryan Pub, Southern Social, American Icon Brewery, Wilkies 14 Bones, The Green Marlin, Big Shots Gold, Post & Vine, The Patio Seafood Tavern, Jakes Tex-Mex and more to come!
The top chef will receive an award recognizing them as having “Indian River’s Best Burger,” exclusive use of the “Best Burger” logo in your advertising, and bragging rights for one year. There is also a “People’s Choice” award!
Please click here to complete an entry form.
- “Teams” can consist of up to four (4) people, but one member must be chosen as team captain (aka head cook). Teams can be as small as one individual.
- United Against Poverty will have limited grills available on a first come first serve basis, you are welcome to bring your own grill/smoker/griddle.
- Agree to cook three burgers for the competition and up to 300 sliders/mini burgers for the Burgers & Brews festival that will take place throughout the day.
- You will be provided with an outdoor cooking area No pre-cooking allowed.
- All property and equipment used for cooking must be confined to your allocated space. Allequipment must be free standing — no stakes, postholes, or digging is allowed.
- All food products must be stored and maintained at safe temperatures.
- Each contestant competing shall supply all of their own burger meat, cooking ingredients, utensils, preparation tables, etc.
- All fires must be contained. Absolutely no ground fires or digging pits.
- Beef burgers entered into competition must be cooked no less than medium or 145° – 150° Fahrenheit. Beef burgers prepared at a lower temperature will be disqualified from competition.
- Team Captain is responsible for team conduct. “No alcoholic beverages (except when used for cooking) and/or misconduct by team members or guests will be allowed”.
- Each team is responsible for cleaning up their cooking area by 9:00 p.m.
- United Against Poverty of Indian River County, Sponsors, and Volunteers of the Best Burger Competition will not be held responsible for loss, damage, theft, injury or accidents.
- Entry deadline is Friday, June 1st, 5 p.m. EST.
- Chef meeting and photo shoot is Monday, June 3th, 10 a.m. at the Rotary Fountain on 14th AVE.15.Teams will be placed in a spot upon arrival and check-in on Saturday, June 29, 2019 from 10 – 11:30a.m. cook areas are assigned by the organizers of the Best Burger Competition and have sole discretion of their location.
- Preparation can start as early as 10:30am.
- Judging begins at 2:30 pm on June 29, 2019. You will be given your judging slot upon check-in. Burgers not available at the judging area within 5 minutes of judging slot time may be disqualified.
- Burgers may earn up to 40 points from each judge—10 points for presentation (appearance), 10 points for creativity/uniqueness of the burger, 10 points for taste/flavor, 10 points for technique. The burger with the highest point value wins the Judges Choice Award.
- Each team must submit two burgers for judging—one must be quartered with each quarter secured with a toothpick; these burgers will be used to judge taste; the second burger will be left intact and judged for presentation only. Burgers submitted for judging should include bread and burger toppings of your choice.
- All results are final. Teams are reminded that this is family friendly burger festival and cooking competition. Sportsmanship is required at all times.
- The first 20 completed applications are guaranteed entry in cooking competitions. Festival officials will try to accommodate additional entries.
We welcome vendors of all types! Non-Profit Vendors can reserve a space for $75; Merchant Vendors (those selling a good/service) are $100; Non-Merchant Vendors are $200; Political are $250.
Booth space is limited; we will accommodate booth selection based on a first-come first come basis and payment in full.
Each of vendors will be allocated a 10’ x 10’ space to promote to our attendees. You must provide your own tables, chairs and electrical cords. Tents are highly recommended.
We’d love to hear from you! Please contact Phillip Keeling, Event Organizer, at email@example.com or 772-532-9159.